Elite Tans LA located inside Project Beauty Spa
Call (323)333-0131 or click here to book online for an appointment at this location
Custom Airbrush Tanning
The airbrush tanning process is designed to give you a tan that’s personalized to meet your specific tanning needs. It will cover up stretch marks; reduce the appearance of cellulite and certain skin conditions such as vitiligo and eczema. Airbrush Tanning is great for a variety of occasions: Weddings, special occasions, bachelorette parties, homecoming, prom, beauty pageants, and professional body builders, dance competitions, before vacation or simply for an instant confidence boost!
Organic sunless tanning solution that produces an express, quick-drying, natural, long-lasting, “just off the beach” tan! Radiant supple bronzed skin is only one spray away! The micro-nutrient technology delivers a potent blend of vitamins and antioxidants to boost the skins inherent “just off the beach” glow. You can expect 5-10 days of beautiful “just of the beach” color. With proper maintenance, color results can extend even longer.
Custom Organic Tan(Salon) $65
Custom Organic Tan(Mobile) $125
• Shower, Shave or wax and Exfoliate before your tanning session. Waxing should be done at least 4 hours prior to your tanning session to allow skin to relax 3-4 hours before showering.
• Skin must be clean and dry before being sprayed. Do not apply deodorant, moisturizers, perfumes, oils, or makeup before your tanning session.
• Wear loose dark clothing and loose fitting sandals. DHA solution washes out of cotton garments, but will not wash out of synthetic, silk, leather or suede materials.
• Remove all contact lens and jewelry before being sprayed.
• Let your tan set for at least 8-12 hours before showering or taking a bath. This allows your tan to develop.
• Avoid activities that may cause you to sweat excessively. Use the air conditioner in your car on a hot day.
• You must avoid water entirely until you shower or you will stop the tanning action of the DHA solution or cause streaks.
• Avoid applying moisturizers or deodorants until you shower.
• Use a moisturizing body wash and apply by hand when showering. Do not use any bar soaps or any exfoliating scrubs.
• Avoid extremely hot baths.• Always pat dry with a towel after you shower. Do not rub.
• You may begin moisturizing twice a day after your first shower.
• Avoid lotions containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids(AHA’s) & Mineral Oil as these may cause skin exfoliation.
Sunless Tanning FAQ's
Q. How long will my sunless tan last?
It usually lasts between 7 to 10 days. Exfoliating beforehand extends the life of the tan while exfoliating afterwards reduces it. It is also very important to moisturize daily. This will increase the life of your tan as well as ensure that it fades evenly.
Q. What is the difference between being airbrushed and using self-tanning lotion at home?
Imagine the difference between finger painting your car and using an airbrush to paint it. Even with the greatest care, or help from a friend to get body parts you cannot reach, you can’t duplicate the even consistency and natural look of an airbrushed tan.
Q. Can pregnant or nursing mothers get a sunless tan?
The concern some doctors have is over whether or not the active ingredient (DHA) is able to enter the blood stream; the indications are that it cannot. DHA only penetrates the outermost of the skin. However, if the client is still concerned they should consult their physician first.
Q. Is Airbrush Spray Tanning safe?
YES! According to the American Academy of Dermatology, the most effective products available are sunless or self-tanning products that contain dihydroxyacetone (DHA) as the active ingredient. DHA has been used in cosmetic preparations for almost 30 years and was listed with the FDA in 1973. It is declared safe and suitable for use in cosmetics and drugs used to color the skin. DHA is derived from glycerin (vegetable origin), which is a commonly used cosmetic and food ingredient. DHA is not absorbed into the body and poses no possibility of toxicity.